Fashion subscription boxes are on the rise, offering style algorithms to virtual and in-house stylists. With the fashion retail world continuously shifting into a new technological and convenience-led age,Retail Insight Network takes a look at five fashion subscription box companies and asks if this service is the future of clothing retail.
Personal Stylists who would be styling you via an online virtual platform, then send you a new look, a new style in a box every month. The industry is relatively new in India and only has a few players, however, it is quite popular around the world.
- STITCH FIX- With this personal styling service, a Stitch Fix stylist chooses five pieces for you based off your online profile. Once you receive your Fix, you have three days to decide what you want to buy and what you want to send back. You can even share detailed feedback with your stylist about the items, and no subscription is required—just choose how often you’d like a delivery.
- LE TOTE- With Le Tote, you’ll be able to rent and wear the latest in fashion without ever having to step inside a store. Then once you’re done wearing the products, just return and pick out new clothes to be sent straight to your front door! Best of all, you even have the option to buy the clothes if you like them.
- CLOSET TRUNK- ClosetTrunk is a personalised, subscription based platform born with an idea to make styling easy and accessible to everyone. For that we have come up with the perfect combination of style scientists and algorithms.
- FRANK ND OAK- Currently only offered in the US and Canada, the Style Plan from Frank And Oak offers ethically-sourced and sustainably-made clothes for women. Style Plan subscribers can save up to 20% compared with regular Frank And Oak prices and can skip a month or cancel for free at any time.
- TRUNK CLUB- Trunk Club is Nordstrom’s personal styling service for sizes XS to 3X. Start with a style survey or chat online with a stylist to start curating a perfect assortment of pieces to try. Preview what your stylist has picked for you before it ships and adjust your liking. Then simply try on your looks, keep what you love, and return what you don’t!